Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fat Girl

I will start this blogging journey as a fat girl.  Listen, I'm not coming down on myself and CERTAINLY (with eye roll included) am not looking for "you're not fat" lies of 'encouragement'.  The thing is, I know I'm fat (chunky, chubby, fluffy, etc.).  I'm okay with it, too... sort of.  I'm proud to be where I am now though... 50 lbs down from where I started a little over a year ago!  So... go me?
The point is, I suppose, that I'm learning to love myself, no matter what size I am.  Trust me, I don't want to be this big forever (I have quite the poundage to drop before I get to my 'goal'), but I will love myself along the way.  The difference now is that I am happy in my life, I know that I am exactly where God wants me to be, and I have an amazingly supportive family.  I have NO idea what I did to get so lucky.  Seriously... I've done some stupid things.

So to get to my goal of a non-fat girl (I won't say skinny because, truthfully, I will probably never be skinny... and I'm fine with that) I will control my portions, I will control my portions, I will control my portions.  Sorry, I have to remind myself of that (I mean, who really wants to only eat a golf ball size of mashed potatoes?).  In addition to 'controlling my portions', I will lift weights, practice Yoga, Zumba, and Turbo Kick.

My favorite of these is Yoga (this pose is called The Plow, yes I can do it...as long as my D cups don't suffocate me).  I always feel so balanced, centered, and strong after practicing Yoga.  Really.  While I like Zumba and Turbo Kick, I'll be candid, cardio and I are not old friends; more like acquaintances who merely tolerate one another.  Weights and I are pretty good pals though.

In all honesty, I have (realistically) 50 lbs left to lose (unrealistically 70, but a girl's got to dream, eh?).  But until then, I will love every mushy, dimply, jiggly inch of me.  I don't need to be what everyone else thinks I should be.  I just want to get healthy and love myself in the process.
I hope that you can enjoy this journey with me.  Remember... you're In Good Company.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome girl! Love it and I have missed reading your blogs. I too am working at becoming less fluffy :) Excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this girl! You are being supported by many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to follow your journey and your blog! miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment below!