Monday, January 17, 2011

Keeping Positive

There are days when I just want to give up.  I get sick of having to work so painstakingly hard to lose every single pound.  I don't want to get up and go to the gym (if we're being honest, I've never been a morning person so that doesn't really help).  I want to eat an entire strawberry cheesecake and chase it down with a Route 44 Dr. Pepper (with cherry and vanilla flavoring added, of course).  There are days when I feel like it wouldn't make a difference, even if I did keep working at it.

Days like this suck.  I mean really.  The days that you just don't feel like you measure up to whatever it is you are supposed to measure up to.  For instance, yesterday I slipped and fell on the ice, while holding my 13 month old son.  Talk about feeling like the worst mom in the world.  Luckily we are both fine (besides the entire right side of my body aching like crazy), but an incident like that can really make you feel like a tiny ant just waiting to be squished.  I kept thinking about how clumsy I was and how I shouldn't have been walking on an icy driveway in the first place, and what a terrible mom I am for putting my son in danger.  Hello catastrophic thoughts, goodbye logic!!!

Those are the days when you can't even picture the finish line.  The days when you want to quit everything you have started.  The days when just getting to the gym proves to be too much.

I just finished the book Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado (I recommend any and every book by Max Lucado by the way) and in one chapter he referenced a scripture that I now have on my refrigerator to keep me motivated.

Hebrews 12:1 ...Let us run the race that is before us and never give up.

In biblical times they didn't dance Zumba, lift weights or shoot hoops (otherwise it may say... Let us dance the salsa that is before us and never give up).  What did they do instead?  They ran.  And so will I (well not run, exactly... we've discussed my feelings on running already).  I will continue to persevere and will slowly but surely get healthy, shed weight one pound at a time, and I will continue to love myself.  And in the meantime I will stay positive.  I will not, I repeat: will not, give up!
Be healthy, love yourself... remember you're In Good Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment below!