Friday, January 21, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

ST. JOHN'S BAY SECRETLY SLENDER JEANS:
These are my new favorite jeans.  Very comfy.  They are the perfect jean to slenderize your mid-section, especially that little post-baby pooch that never seems to go away.  They may come up a little higher than what you may be used to, but if you don't regularly tuck your shirt in (which I never do) then no one will know.  I would rather hide my belly button than show the world my Muffin top anyway.  I also love them because they don't shrink in the dryer and they don't stretch out much(so they don't look sloppy by the end of the day) so they fit great all day long.  You can generally find them on sale for $19.99.  Buy them at JC Penney.

TOMS SHOES:
I just got my first pair of Toms for Christmas from my brother-in-law and his girlfriend.  I am IN LOVE with them and now want them in every color.  I currently have them in the style below (in a solid ash color).  I can run around in them all day and never have sore feet (which is huge for me, because my feet always seem to hurt).  They are crazy light weight and have decent arch support.  The best thing about them is that for every pair purchased, one pair is donated to a child in need.  You can find these lovelies at http://www.toms.com/
APT 9 ESSENTIAL TEE:
I live in these tees.  I have one in almost every color.  Seriously.  I love the short sleeve and long sleeve version.  Look, I'm a stay at home mom and I need clothes that are comfortable and are easy to care for.  These shirts are flattering, can be dressed up or down, and are made out of the softest material.  They have enough stretch to make them super comfy, but not enough to make you look like you are wearing a bag at the end of the day.  You can usually find them on sale for $11.99.  Get them at Kohl's.

OWL SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS:
I recently found these ate a local Christian coffee shop/book store and fell in love.  My dear sweet grandma collected owls and I have been searching desperately for something that reminded me of her to keep in my house.  Now she is always in my kitchen (which is wonderful because she was the most amazing cook) and I smile every time I see them.  I don't know what brand these are, but I was able to find many similar varieties online.
BIO ELEMENTS SKINCARE:
This is the line of skincare products I used during facials when I was working as a cosmetologist.  My skin changed drastically when I began using this several years ago and I haven't changed since.  The best thing is that you can have each product customized for your special skin type.  My suggestion would be to have a skin analysis done at your local salon (by an esthetician) to see what products would be best for you.  It's a little bit of an investment at first, but I promise you won't regret it.
BIOMEGA SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER:  I used to be stuck on Redken and Pureology, but I have recently been reformed!  BIOMEGA is part of the Aquage company and is considered to be their luxury line (I have also recently fallen in love with Aquage Kenra Volume Mist and Aquage Kenra Blow Dry Spray).  My hair looks and feels the healthiest that it has ever felt.  I use the moisturizing version of the duo.  Call around to your local salons to find out where purchase them.
GLEE:
I fell in love with this show during the first episode.  Singing, dancing, dramedy... what more could you ask for?  All I can say is, I wish the new episodes (on FOX) would hurry up and get here already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment below!