Friday, June 24, 2011

Kelsey Lately...

I was informed yesterday that it had been 13 days since I last blogged.  I was asked if I was just busy or lacking inspiration.  Busy is my first response, but maybe lack of inspiration is partially to blame.  Our lives have been so crazy topsy turvey swirly lately that I haven't had a chance to sit down to catch my breath.  Or, when I do sit down to catch my breath I have been zoning out into a mindless coma while staring at all of the wonderful randomness at Pinterest.com.  I've even dedicated a Facebook album to the pretty things I've found... which has been keeping me awake until the wee hours of the morning.
All this dreaming and drooling over pretty craft and redecorating ideas has made me a little anxious with anticipation about what project I will start first.  My husband has informed me, in case you were curious, that painting the piano is not an option.  My first response is 'well, poo'.  My second response is 'we'll just see about that'.
Anyway, in addition to adding to the wideness of my rear by wasting countless hours staring at my computer screen, I've been running nonstop.  Summer has proved to be lacking in lackadaisical afternoons, and overwhelmed with errands, obligations, and road trips.  I have totally lost my motivation to work out.  Well not totally.  Every evening I get mentally amped up, ready to hit the gym the next day... so I set my alarm with the best of intentions to hit the weights and elliptical, but every morning, my bed is just too comfortable.  I'll be honest with you... I've been teaching my Yoga classes (but that's about it for my working out), drinking too much diet soda and hitting the chocolate a little too hard.  Yikes.  Double yikes.  I'll try to be better about that and have started taking some supplements from GNC to help my energy levels.  Next week will be better.  It has to be.
So amidst all of the chaos of landscaping, barbecues, Bible studies, swimming, play dates, family gatherings, a final farewell to a fallen friend, birthday parties, and golf tournaments, we managed to paint the exterior of the house (with only a few minor arguments), thanks to my parents who kept our munchkin for the weekend.  While we were kid-less we indulged in a dinner out and a movie.  It was so wonderful to be able to go on a date with my husband.  We are going to make a point to do that more often.  Lately, nearly every weekend has been spent out of town visiting friends and family or attending some sort of event, and every week is spent playing catch-up on laundry, sleep, and getting Little K back into a normal routine.  We have enjoyed the time we have spent with our families, and I think Little K has been truly enjoying the weekend-long spoil sessions from both sets of Grandparents and getting to love on my parents' dogs Sophie and Gilbey (whom he calls Fophie and Bobby).  But we are exhausted.  EXHAUSTED.
So that's the skinny of it.... I've been burning my candle at both ends, neglecting housework, and struggling to stay caught up on my soap opera.  I don't forsee life slowing down anytime soon, however I intend to try to be better about blogging, making it to the gym, to cut down on the diet soda, to make myself go to bed at a decent hour (this means before midnight), and to get up when my alarm goes off the first time.  I even put it on the bookshelf across the room so I have to actually get up to hit snooze, but my bed draws me back like a too-strong magnet.  Aaaaah.... self improvement is never-ending.
Love yourself.  Stay motivated.  And remember... you're In Good company.

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog, I can relate completely, I'm on leave for 30 days and have became so lazy that I took an extra job for a week. I have been tearing out a plaster ceiling, not for the money, although it is helpful but mainly because of my motivation level! Sorry about the run on sentence!

    Chad

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment below!