Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Shopping Adventures

I've been MIA from Blogspot lately.  Sorry about that.  But don't worry, I'm not totally AWOL, I've been in proper attendance for all of my important Facebook and Pinterest meetings.  I've also been crafting up a storm lately (just in case you are curious about what I do when I'm not being mommy, pumping iron, or staring at my computer).

A while back, I told you about how miserable it is to shop as a fat girl.  I don't know what has changed (besides shedding 74 lbs, of course), but recently I had a really great shopping experience.  The first in years.  My husband suggested that I go buy a few shirts for myself, since my wardrobe is down to almost nothing besides my workout wife-beaters (which, while comfortable, don't seem to impress people at formal events).  *Question... do people still call them 'wife-beaters', or is that no longer considered PC?*  Upon entering the store, I wasn't sure whether or not to go to the 'plus-sized' department.  I decided against it and made my way to the fitting room, armed with loads of shirts sized XL.


None of them fit.  But not in the way I'm used to.  They were too big!  Holy crap.  I waved down a sales girl and requested size Large replacements.  She obliged and told me to let her know if I needed to go down to Mediums (nice try, princess).  The Larges fit great and I actually felt good in the clothes I was trying on!  I wound up with more loot than my husband probably intended (but I did shop the clearance racks), but I now at feel like I have appropriate clothes to wear on non-gym occasions.  Hooray.
Look Mom, they aren't all grey!

Treat your body well.  Who knows, you may get a new wardrobe out of the deal.  Thanks for keeping me In Good Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment below!