Saturday, December 17, 2011

This Mom's Day Off

Originally, my mom and I had planned to meet Friday morning, but because I didn't want to miss my CrossFit class, and mostly because she is really sweet (and not-very-easily swayed), she agreed to meet me on Thursday instead.  So, on Thursday evening, we met for dinner somewhere between here and there (really close to the middle of nowhere, about 2.25 hours from 'here'; a little closer to 'there') so that she could take my newly-turned-two-year-old for the entire weekend.  We arranged this so that my husband and I could attend his work Christmas party on Friday, and then go out for dinner (and do a little shopping) in a nearby larger city on Saturday night to celebrate my birthday a few days early.

Friday morning was really strange...  I have become accustom to having a noisy house, filled to the brim with sounds of crashing HotWheels and tumbling blocks; but it was eerily quiet.  I kept thinking I was hearing the early morning stirrings of my little guy, only to remember that he was snug in bed at Grandma and Grandpa's.  I was stuck somewhere between feeling excited about being childless for a weekend and sad because I was missing my ornery little shadow.  I wasn't quite sure what to do, my husband was at work and I had an entire day to myself.  I am not used to being alone, I'm always in mom-mode (in fact, once when I was driving, I mooed upon seeing field of cows, expecting to hear a moo in response from the back seat, only to realize I was alone in the car).

Below you will find a photo-documentation of this mom's day off.


What am I going to do with all this free time today?
Hmmmmm.....

I KNOW...
I'll work on my muscles at CrossFit;
Mill around downtown and buy a new gym bag;
Kick my feet up and relax;
Take a long shower in the middle of the day (complete with shaved legs),
followed by some facial exfoliation;
Read my library book;
Go to the grocery store, then take a nap with my
best girl Daisy (who, by the way, has been acting like
a very happy puppy while being relieved of her big-sister duties);
Get dolled up for my husband's work Christmas party;
Master couple self-photography;
Pick up our best friends;
Have lots of girl-talk at screaming volume due to loud music;
Go see 10:00pm showing of New Year's Eve...
With our best friends, of course.
Thank you, Mom and Dad, for taking the munchkin for a few days.  And thank you for keeping me In Good Company.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I hope you have an equally great day shopping today! Just think how excited Kepple is going to be when you pick him up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment below!