Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No-Bake Protein Balls

I'm obsessed with balls.  Energy balls, that is.  I'm hilarious, I know -- don't forget to tip your waitress.  Seriously though, I think the sense of humor at our house might have stopped developing at age 14 -- therefore producing a lot of ball-themed jokes in the kitchen this week.

After making my first batch of No-Bake Energy Balls (which my husband and I devoured in less than 24 hours), I was itching to try to make them again -- but with more protein this time.  I still used the same sort of base as the original recipe from Gimme Some Oven, but this time I modified the living crap out of it.  The result was so delicious that I might be on protein overload because I cannot stop eating these.  I love the protein substituted for the flax seed for various reasons (one being that flax seed can pack quite a punch to your digestive system -- not always a great thing).

I was so excited to make these that I forgot to take pictures of the process (which really isn't all that exciting anyway), so I will spare you from viewing too many of my sub-par photographs, and get right to the recipe.
No-Bake Protein Balls


No-Bake Protein Balls
Recipe makes 28-32 balls
 
Ingredients:
3/4 cup 100% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup Fiber One Original Cereal (I only did this because I ran out of oats, but it it added a delightful crunch)1 cup Chocolate-Flavored Whey Protein Powder
1 cup Raw Natural Almonds, halved
1 1/3 cup Coconut Flakes
3/4 cup Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Raw Natural Almond Butter
1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2/3 cup Raw Natural Honey

Directions:
1. Put all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Stir until ingredients are combined.
2. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from refrigerator, and form mixture into 1" balls.
4. Enjoy In Good Company.
5. Store remaining balls in the refrigerator in a covered container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment below!