Thursday, December 19, 2013

30 for 30


Today I turn 30.  I haven’t decided how I feel about it yet, but I guess it doesn’t matter.  Time marches on regardless of how we feel.

So, on this 30th anniversary of my birth, I will share with you 30 fun arbitrary random facts about me.  It’s my birthday.  I can do whatever I want.



1.
I think belly buttons are the most disgusting, germ infested, places on earth. I clean mine with peroxide and a Q-tip on a very regular basis.
2. Even if I seem outgoing, I feel pretty anxious in most social settings.
3. I don't think I could ever punch someone. But I can definitely write a really mean letter.
4. CrossFit WODs and liquor both cause me to use expletives with great enthusiasm.
5. My mom, my sister Ber, my BFF Linds, and my dear friend Ash are my very best girlfriends. None of them live in the same town as me.
6. I probably like my dog more than you.
7. I took piano lessons for 16 years. I love to play, but not for anyone other than my immediate family.
8. Mr. B and I have been together for 11 ½ years, and have been married for 9 ½.
9. I don't find anything great about the outdoors. I like my air to be purchased

10. I stir my coffee with a fork or a butter knife; rarely a spoon.
11. If I had to select only two things to eat/drink for the rest of my life it would be Smucker’s natural creamy peanut butter and 1% milk.
12. I like things to be organize either alphabetically or in Roy G Biv order.
13. I am not friendly in the morning.
14. My preferred waking hours are 10 am – 3 am.
15. I never thought I would have human kids.
16. I would adopt every stray dog in the state if Mr. B would let me.
17. I gave birth to 
Little K 5 weeks early.  While I was waiting for the epidural to wear off, I enjoyed a Big Mac, large fries, and a Diet Coke from McDonalds (don’t judge me, I had been in labor for 2 days).
18. I expect everyone to have pure intentions.  I am still surprised when people turn out to be jerks (and I can never seem to remember that jerks typically don’t crave or appreciate honesty when requesting feedback).
19. My mom is a much better judge of character than I am – and if she gets a bad feeling from someone, I have learned to be leery.
20. I love Jesus, naps, and cheap wine (Cupcake Moscato d’Asti is my favorite).
21. I’ve been writing stories and poems for as long as I can remember.
22. I would love to have a beautifully landscaped yard.  I loathe digging in the dirt, weeding, and watering.
23. I always thought I would move to New York and be on Broadway.  I’m not nearly as talented as I thought I was.
24. My humor is often lost on other people.
25. My dad is the wisest (and wise-assiest) guy I know.  He is often my sounding board, and I am lucky to have him in my life.  It never fails to make me smile when he picks up the phone and says, “Hey Kid!”
26. I was an awful teenager.  Awful.
27. In the past 9 ½ years, Mr. B and I have lived in 2 states, 3 cities, and 4 different homes (soon to be 5).
28. It pisses me off when things don’t work properly – cars and electronics in particular.
29. While becoming a mother has certainly taught me to respect my body, I’m fairly certain I will never love it.
30. My interest in projects and hobbies is like a light switch; completely interested and focused or it’s dead to me – nowhere in between.




So cheers to the next 30, and the 30 after that.  Thank you for keeping me In Good Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment below!