Sunday, March 8, 2015

WE are grounded

For Christmas, we gave Little K Mario Kart for the Wii.  And by that, I mean that Mr. B got Mario Kart for Christmas.

When Mr. B comes home from work and I tell him that Little K doesn’t get video game privileges for the evening, he asks, “Why can’t we play?”

I love that my sweet husband is such an involved dad.  I love that he plays with Little K on his level.

Little K told a lie.  It wasn’t a big one, but he knows that lying is not tolerated in our house.  As soon as I caught him, he knew there would be consequences.  “You are grounded from the Wii.  No Mario Kart,” I told him.  He took the news so well that I was bothered.  It turned out to be a charade.  He immediately began begging to be able to just watch his daddy play.

That night, after Little K was tucked into bed, Mr. B turned on the Wii to play a Mario Kart Grand Prix.  After a few minutes, he heard tiny little footsteps creaking down the hallway.  Then an admonishment, “Dad no!!  We are grounded from the Wii!”  “No, buddy.  We are not grounded from the Wii,” he said.

Now the Wii privileges have been returned and I really can’t tell who is more excited.


Be a kid, even when you aren’t.  Thank you for keeping me In Good Company.



Like this post?  Try these:
11 Things No One Tells You about Being the Mom of a Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment below!